The subject of my Exhibition in a Box project is Edward Cullen, the main vampire character in the Twilight novel series by Stephanie Meyer. I chose Edward not because he is a character I particularly like, but because he is such a complex and intriguing character. Because he is a vampire, he is fictitious, and because he is such a major focus in the current phenomenon which Twilight has become, he is undoubtedly a character of popularity in this era.
The character of Edward Cullen has been compared with a number of male protagonists from classic literature, including Mr. Rochester from Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, Heathcliff from Bronte's Wuthering Heights, The Beast of Beauty and the Beast, and the infamous Stanley Kowalski from A Streetcar Named Desire.
Some items and images I am considering for my exhibit include:
- Grand piano - To depict Edward's love of music (he is an accomplished pianist)
- Trees - The vampire coven live in Forks, located in the Olympic Peninsula rain forests located in the state of Washington.
- Glass - To represent the Cullen's home in the forest, which is largely made of glass.
- Books - Edward has been well-educated in the 108 years of his suspended "life".
- Images of WWI - The period in which Edward lived as a human prior to his transformation.
Image via Wikipedia.org.